From Wall Road to educating 1 million followers about monetary literacy
Let’s face it: it’s laborious to speak about cash. We’re conditioned to suppose that bringing it up, even to household and buddies, is cheesy and impolite that we quite not discuss it in any respect. Nonetheless, what we have to understand now’s that speaking about cash is highly effective and avoiding the dialogue solely takes away our management over our funds and finally our wealth.
On this episode, Vivian Tu joins Liz and Andresa to deliver a contemporary tackle monetary literacy. She discusses how open and trustworthy conversations may help overcome our outdated mindsets about cash. She additionally shares sensible budgeting and cash administration methods we will use to realize extra confidence in our funds.
Vivian Tu aka @YourRichBFF is an ex-Wall Road Dealer turned monetary literacy creator. She didn’t like how the subject of finance solely appear to cater to outdated, wealthy, and male audiences. Now, Vivian is on a mission to generate income discuss enjoyable by mixing matters like pupil debt and home-buying with anecdotes about celebs and humorous tales. With over 1 million followers on TikTok, she goals to deliver inclusive and easy-to-understand private finance and investing content material to girls and underserved communities in addition to to the following technology of BFFs.
• “Our monetary companies business has largely served audiences which might be male and pale, and sadly for ladies, for individuals of colour, for marginalized communities, just like the LGBTQ neighborhood, we’ve not been given this training.” (9:52-10:05)
• “Not having these conversations places us in a worse spot than if we have been to in a position to benchmark ourselves basically towards our friends and get data and share that necessary data.” (10:26-10:27)
• “I truly want to deposit the vast majority of my paycheck into one account after which put aside cash for financial savings that simply robotically goes elsewhere. I do not even have a look at it. I faux prefer it did not are available. After which I by no means give it some thought once more. However as a result of I do not give it some thought, the quantity I see on my banking app is smaller. So I do not really feel that false sense of consolation in order that I am going and spend frivolously.” (14:52-15:14)
• “We, as girls have at all times been instructed, we’re overspenders. We like to go on procuring sprees. We max out these bank cards and we now have been instructed the best way to create a surplus within the sum of money we now have is to chop again. Do not buy that espresso. Do not buy that gown. Do nothing for your self. Mainly, be depressing. Whereas our male counterparts have been instructed to, you understand, develop your wealth, make investments, be an entrepreneur.” (19:33-19:56)
• “You possibly can solely save as a lot as you earn.” (20:21-20:23)
• “We like to learn tabloids and discuss popular culture. Why cannot speaking about cash be similar to that?” (24:59-25:05)
Join with Vivian:
Web site: https://www.yourrichbff.com/
Assets talked about:
Good Ladies Don’t Get the Nook Workplace by Lois P. Frankel
Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
Time: June 23-24
Place: Charlotte, NC
InvestHER CON is a full circle transformational expertise created with the ladies buyers’ wants, wishes, and schedules in thoughts. The occasion brings top-notch specialists in Actual Property Investing, Enterprise Methods, and Self-Care who will push the boundaries, develop the mindset, and promote deeper connections among the many attendees. Study from actual academics who will share actionable methods so you possibly can go away the occasion with the data, connections, and confidence to develop your investing enterprise and reside life by yourself phrases.
Get your ticket at the moment: https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/investhercon
How To Be a part of the InvestHER Motion
1) The Actual Property InvestHER Podcast - The weekly present particulars the journey of a number of the most wonderful girls actual property buyers world wide, who open up their lives and share sensible and strategic instruments for rising a rental portfolio, flipping homes, and the mindset that permits them to run a profitable investing enterprise whereas caring for their households and most significantly caring for themselves. Subscribe by way of:
2) The Actual Property InvestHER Membership
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for skilled girls buyers seeking to make deeper connections and take their Actual Property enterprise to the following stage. It’s greater than a transactional membership, and it’s a transformational expertise for ladies seeking to reside life on their very own phrases.
Apply at the moment. We open doorways in June. https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/reserve
3) InvestHER Neighborhood on Fb
We’ve got 1000’s of members in our Fb InvestHER Neighborhood (and rising!) It is a secure place for ladies to ask actual property investing questions and achieve the assist they should obtain their targets!